Updated: Oct 26, 2022
The Peachland Wellness Centre (PWC) provides a range of programs and services which focus on the well-being, independence, and engagement of Peachland residents.
This position works closely and collaboratively with the Executive Coordinator and other staff to provide Adult Day Service to the community. Reporting to the Executive Coordinator, This position implements established activities to meet clients’ activation, life skills, recreational and social needs and promotes clients’ social, physical, and emotional health. The ADSC is responsible for the delivery of the above-mentioned service, which aims to promote independent living in Peachland.
Under a policy governance model, the ADSC supports the EC to fulfill the policies governing PWC, and keeps abreast of and adheres to Board policy at all times.
• Post-secondary education, graduation from an Activity/Recreation program, or equivalent combination of current education, training, and experience.
• Experience in a similar not-for-profit organization is an asset.
• The ideal candidate will be meticulously organized and detail-oriented.
• Work well independently and as part of a team.
• Be a self-starter, comfortable working with limited supervision; and have great people and communication skills.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills in relating to participants/clients, families, employees, other organizations, and the public and possess strong intuition working with vulnerable individuals.
HOURS OF WORK:
• 14 to 21 hours per week Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials.
To apply please send resume to Tricia.email@example.com or drop off at PWC office.